Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oregon

We've returned from our adventures in Oregon.

Can I just say that (and pause with each comma to really appreciate the following list on my behalf...)~

oceans, redwoods, mountains, rivers and craters...

geese in the field on a brisk misty morning...

watching my kids running after the geese in Grandma and Grandpa's HUGE rubber boots on a brisk misty morning...

coffee talks with my Mom, bear hugs from my Dad, heart-to-hearts with my sister as we snuggle in my old room...

Oma's belly laugh, beautiful heart, and glowing skin as she laughs... all at age ninety...

Seeing all of the older generations of Germans get together to celebrate life, even though I know that I may never have the chance to be a part of something like this again before heaven...

Playing at my favorite childhood park with my cousin's beautiful family, and the weight of baby Levi falling asleep in my arms...

being able to take work and school "on the road" to enable us to be with my parents for a nice long time...

crimson fall leaves brilliant in the late afternoon sun...

Jason holding me in his arms as we gaze out at the world from the top of a mountain or as we stand alongside the vast ocean, and knowing that's just who he is... the one who holds me through it all...



... makes me appreciate life in a tangible way and gives me joy.

It was a good trip. It's a good life. I am thankful.

No comments: