Thursday, July 1, 2010

Liberia Part 7: Praises

I need you to understand that everything good and beautiful that happened before or on this trip took place because my God is trustworthy and faithful. He is good and he is just. He asks much, but he is a rewarder of much. The heartache that we have experienced over the last few years, and the deeper heartache of saying goodbye to our Liberian children, are things that are refining us and bringing us ever closer to the understanding that we are nothing without HIM.
Nothing.
We can do nothing on our own or in our own power. We are weak, but he is strong. We are empty, but he fills us. We are tired and broken, but he breathes life and hope. If you don't know him, you need to ask him to reveal himself to you. I cannot imagine walking this life, with all of it's deep, dark sadnesses and hurts, alone. He sustains me. He dries my tears. He gives me joy in place of sorrow... and sometimes right along with it.
I am never alone.
I am never alone.
I am never alone.
I cannot praise him enough for that. This is real life, abundant life, life that rests in peacefulness in the midst of the storms. I would not know the power and might of my God if these storms did not rage around me... and if I were not protected under his wings as the wind raged on. Thank you God for these hard things... I am broken by them, I am deeply saddened by them, but I am sure of who you are because of them. Keep me depending on you... always.

"But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints." Ps. 52:8-9

"Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things..."
Ps. 119:35-37

"When I called you, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted." Ps. 138:3

"Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in his commands. ... Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man. Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice. Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever. He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord." Ps 112: 1, 4-7

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust'. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Ps.91:1-2, 4

"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing..." Ps 68:5-6

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him..." Ps 37:4-7

1 comment:

Jenny B said...

I literally fell in love with your blog.......keep writing!!!!!!
M
i
c
h
a
e
l
a