Thursday, July 1, 2010

Liberia Part 6: Beauty








Liberia is beautiful, but the people are stunning. Yes, physically, they are just incredible, but I'm referring to their hearts. We had so little time to get to know those around us because of the things we needed to get done, the time spent in transit, and the fact that we were also parenting our sweet kids. We needed more time! But... we still were able to see the hope and joy that so many Liberian people have to offer. They could teach us a thing or two... or ten. Many have stories of the war; scars both literal and emotional. They have little to put hope in, so guess where they place it? In the Lord... wholly and fully. They thank him each and every day that they are alive. Do you pray that? I don't, I have never even thought of thanking the Lord that I am alive and able to wake in the morning. I hope I remember to do that. They praise him like they mean it, because they do. They give offerings joyfully during their church service... literally dancing up to the front to put their money in the basket. Like I said, we could learn a thing or two. I'm thinking of so many names and faces right now... and it brings me great joy to have come to know them.

No comments: