Tuesday, April 13, 2010

VBS Plans, Boutique crafts, and Yellow Fever Vaccinations... oh my!

Yep, it's been busy. When my hands aren't busy, when my brain is. Even when I'm asleep, I'm dreaming about crafts for the boutique or about being in Liberia.


I leave in a few moments to get vaccinated for yellow fever (required for our travel). Yeah... shots. I always let the kids pick out a doughnut after they get shots... do I still get to do that? :)


Two months and we'll be heading out! Crazy. I'm getting so excited about it all, and yet the Lord seems to be holding my heart back a bit about the time with Kelvin and Hawa. Maybe it's just because it seems so strange that we can actually go to meet them, I don't fully believe it yet! We'll send our monthly e-mail letter to them this week, and tell them that we will be coming to see them. I am very excited to share the news with them! VBS plans are coming together with the missions team members, I am still trying to collect supplies to bring for the children at both orphanages, as well as collecting the things we will need for our trip. I have to find the strongest mosquito spray ever invented by mankind, research a water-filtration unit, buy some little battery-powered fans, and borrow some fanny packs, among many other things. Yes, fanny packs. Gotta love 'em. They come in handy when you have to wear your valuables all day, everyday.


The boutique stuff is coming along amazingly. It is simply incredible to see what the Lord is doing. I had about 15 different ladies come out this last Saturday to help with whatever I had for them to do. It was beautiful outside, so they spend lots of time sanding wood and painting! (THANK YOU!!!!!) We have an amazing location for the sale... many people donating homemade things, many people helping out, and even some generous donations toward the costs of finishing up some crafts and getting supplies needed for it. Ultimately, I believe that the Lord will raise some great funds for the orphans... how awesome! :) I think that just seeing the number of people who desire to help has encouraged me in such a deep way. I'm so grateful. I'll post some pictures of boutique items that will be for sale soon!

No comments: