Friday, April 30, 2010

Spring Rain

In Hosea, the Lord said that even after he wounds us, he rebuilds us. That as sure as the sun rises and the spring rains come, so will he.

"Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence. Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:1-3
I spent the last 2 days at the Orphan Summit.... and I'm on brain and heart overload. It's AWESOME... but dude, I need sleep. So- I will elaborate on the experience later. For now, I just want to say that last night, I woke up at 3:30 am... and thoughts began swirling in my head, and I needed to get out of bed to write a card to a friend that I was for some reason, (AT 3:30 IN THE MORNING??!!!???) , composing in my head. No time like the present, right? Grrr.

Anyway, I got up, wrote the card out, and thought I heard rain. I love rain... I'm an Oregonian by birth, so I LOVE rain. I went to our kitchen sliding door, and began to open it to hear and smell the rain. Well, I was disappointed at first because I didn't see or hear any. The reason I was disappointed was because the verses about him coming, as surely as the spring rains come, had entered my mind, and I had this expectation that God woke me up in the middle of the night and made it rain just for me... to to remind me that a time of healing and restoration and clarity was coming.... just because he loves me that much. But then, I stuck my head further out the slider, and sure enough... there it was. The sound of light rain falling on the grass and the trees, being soaked up by the dry ground that was so in need of water. The spring rain had come, and it was just a tangible reminder to my heart that God is faithful to "appear", just as he says he is, and he knows just when I need him.

He has been readjusting me to find joy in where he has me, not just to resign myself to the fact that this adoption may not work out as we had thought. He has plans for us. He has plans for them. And you know what? I can't see it... but I can smell the spring rain ALL over them.

No comments: