Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Onward...

Well, this last week has been good. The difficulty of the latest news on the kids has lessened as a little time has passed... plus, we had company that was a wonderful distraction. Also, I'm crazy busy with boutique stuff, planning for our trip, and tring to be faithful with school lessons for the kids. Anyway, we're doing well. God has given us peace and we trust that his plans for us, and for the kids, are good... no matter what they are. I'm sure things will be hard now and then on our hearts, but we are holding on to what we know to be true. He seems to have me very removed from the emotion of it all after the first few days, and I believe that the Lord is protecting my heart right now.

So many of you have been praying for us, and I am just so grateful. Thank you. What more can I say...?

I am heading to the Orphan Alliance Summit conference tomorrow and Friday. I'm very excited for the opportunity to go... as orphan care has become such passion to me. I'm looking forward to learning more about how we can function within God's calling on us and serve orphans in all sorts of different ways. Also- I'll get the chance to meet Angel (our adoption coordinator for the Liberia program) for the first time. She's been our cheerleader and worked continually toward getting adoptions going again. She is one of the only people that really know and understnsd everything we've walked through, beause she's walked through it with us. She is a treasure to me, and I'm so excited to meet her and visit. We'll also get to spend the week in Liberia with her as well.

No comments: