Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Things #1-10

So, I've decided to post something happy. Something wonderful and good. Something joyous and glad. Gasp... It's been a while since I've been "un-heavy" and without cause for urgency on this blog and I think we all need a change of pace. (That is, me and the 2 people who read my blogs even when I don't send an e-mail asking you to pray!!... thanks Mom.) :)

Happy thing #1: When I went in to wake up my boy this morning, his first reaction was to put his warm-from-sleep hand on my arm, and to cuddle into me. How amazing is that? My 8 year old still loves to show affection. I'm planning to make sure that this continues well into adulthood.

Happy thing #2: Anika turns double digits tomorrow. I'm so happy for her. She is floating around the house, intensely happy to be getting older (when was the last time YOU did that?) And the best part is, she's amazing. She's 100% sweet-loveable-caring-compassionate-sensitive-beautiful-kind-joyful-loyal-huggable-light-up-your-life-kind-of-amazing.

Happy thing #3: We get to talk to Kelvin and Hawa's foster mother on the phone next week because she is in the states, in N. Carolina, for a short time. We can ask her questions about what the kids are like, their health, and their hearts! I'm so excited that I lay in bed, unable to sleep, thinking about what I will ask her.

Happy thing #4: We are having turkey soup tonight. I greatly fear it will not even compare to my mother-in-law's scrumptious turkey soup (which I am trying hard to duplicate), but I have to try. This is how good it is... when offered evening snack choices at her home, I opted for a bowl of turkey soup... over a sugary snack. Yeah, it's that good. Problem: We had hers less than two weeks ago, and we will all have it in our fresh memories, so if mine is really that different, it will seem just terrible!
Sidenote: I always feel so domestic when I boil a bird carcass to make soup.

Happy thing #5: Jason's almost home. He programmed my phone to say "Stud Hubby" every time he calls. It used to be "Babealicious". A little corny? Maybe. But true. :)

Happy thing #6: Lindt's Raspberry-Filled Chocolate Bar. 'Nuff said.

Happy thing #7: That I have a "Happy thing #6 in the house" (Again, thanks Mom.)

Happy thing #8: I'm gonna read my book tonight and snuggle in the warmth of a blanket in front of a blazing fire as it pops and sizzles, and that happens to be one of my favorite things to do. Gene Stratton Porter... here I come.

Happy thing #9: That LOST has finally started up again. Yes, I'm a total "Lostie" and that's the only thing on TV that I watch... so I will be sad when this final season is over. Where will the mystery come from in life after that? My latest thoery? Sayid is now Jacob.

Happy thing #10: Joe Purdy's album, "Julie Blue." Love it. And you know how I found it?? I fell in love with the song "Wash Away", which Hurley is listening to on the beach in the first season. Yes, the Hurley on LOST. :) See, the show is a treasure.

And that concludes my "Happy Things List." I'll resume my passionate adoption thoughts when I have the energy for it. They haven't gone away... I'm just holding them at bay so people don't decide they hate my intensity and wash their hands of me. :)

No comments: