Monday, December 13, 2010

Malia

I sat at a Home-going service for a 9 year old girl today.

I couldn't help but to hold Anika and Asher extra close. I couldn't help but put myself in Malia's mother's shoes. I couldn't help but grieve over the pain and struggle Malia endured in her battle with cancer. I couldn't help but wonder why God did not answer the prayers of so many of his people in the way we had hoped.

He healed her though. He healed her more completely and more beautifully than any of us can imagine.

It is God's goodness that has held this family together. It is his grace that continues to carry them and protect them under his wings. It is his faithfulness that pours into them, and back out to those of us watching.

God is good. Malia's struggle is over. Her joy has been made complete.

2 comments:

Maria the Great said...

I'm sure the service was an amazing celebration, but very hard as well. Good to hear your thoughts.

Corrie said...

It was, Maria... so good and so full of God's glory, yet hard and heartbreaking too. Makes me stop everything and thank God for healthy children, instead of taking it for granted.