Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's Been A While

So, yes... it's been a while since I've posted anything meaningful. Here is my list of random goings-on to catch you up a bit. And, no... I'm not promising it will be meaningful, so don't get your hopes up.

~Surgery recoop is done, I'm all empty of my fibriod and back to normal.

~I've started school again with the kids, and I'm remembering why I love it. Went on a fieldtrip yesterday and learned all about the role of Minnesotans in the civil war. Here's a quote from a woman who was acting as a nurse on the battlefield, "You may have had a little whiskey to pour on your wound, but when they had to saw off a limb... it still hurt." {Waving of a hand-saw for effect.} Uh, yeah. Can't imagine. And really don't want to.

~I gave in and decided yesterday that fall has officially come, even though I fought it for the last several weeks of crummy weather. {Don't misunderstand, I LOVE fall.. I just ABHOR 6 month-long winters that follow.}

~I gave myself a home-spun french manicure for the 3rd time in my life, and it didn't look terrible. By the way, I have never had a pedicure, and have had a manicure only once when I was in a friend's wedding. Some of my girlfriends are aghast at this. I don't know... I just don't care that much, and I'm way too cheap.

~I've committed to not eat sugar for a month with my sister-in-law, and I'm almost two weeks into it. Well, we have one dessert a week, and we're not CRAZY... we eat carbs... just not dessert-y, blatantly sugary things. I am doing it, but I have to say that it is not enjoyable to me. I really like sugar. Really. A lot. Therein lies the problem. I don't want anything to have mastery over me. I desire to have self-control and make wise choices. If it were meth I was addicted to, I'd be in some serious trouble. Since it's sugar, it's easy to downplay and justify. Anyway, that's new. Not happy, but new.

~I'm looking forward to some time with family that I rarely get to see. Really looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to hugs from my parents, time with my sis, crisp air and great sunsets, rivers and oceans and redwoods with my man, great conversations with my cousins, making memories with my kids, celebrating Oma's 90th birthday, leaf piles to let the kids jump into, 25 cent phosphates at the Pharmacy, Abby's pizza, and oh so many other things.

1 comment:

Maria the Great said...

sounds fabulous! enjoy your trip and your pretty nails.