Friday, June 5, 2009

The Dream

I almost forgot to mention my dream! Several weeks ago, just after we got back from our trip out west, I had a wonderful dream. It was probably the best dream I've ever had.

I dreamed that I was in Africa, at the orphanage... and about to meet Kelvin and Hawa for the first time. I remember feeling hesitant, like I wasn't sure how to say "hello" for the first time, I wasn't sure that they'd like me or want me to hug them.


But then I saw Hawa... and I went to her and scooped her up, and all my fears were gone. She wrapped her arms around me and I knew she had waited for this moment as much as I had.

I was holding my girl.


After that, it was time to meet Kelvin. He was already playing a pick-up game of basketball with Jason. (what... how'd he get there before me?? Aren't we supposed to do things TOGETHER??) :) Anyway... I watched them play for a bit, and then I walked over to Kelvin and hugged him tentatively at first. Then I grabbed him and picked him up and held him tight.

I was holding my boy.

I just can't explain how amazing that dream was. The best part is... it will come true. I just don't know when.

I'll be holding my kids.

Soon, Jesus... soon.

No comments: